The Cost of NOT having WMS
You've probably read a lot of blogs, articles and white papers extolling the virtues of implementing a WMS system and how much money it can save your business, we've got one or two in our blog archive I'm sure of that.
We thought it might be a good idea to turn this on its head and look at it from a different perspective: What are the costs of NOT having a WMS system to help manage your warehouse?
Let's just list some of the more obvious ones:
1. How much does it cost when you miss an important delivery to one of your major customers?
2. How much does it cost to not have an accurate (99.5%) view of your inventory?
3. How much does it cost to retrieve mis-shipped orders and stock?
4. How much does it cost to employ more staff than you need to?
5. How much does it cost in customer returns and fines for incorrect deliveries?
6. How much does it cost to shut down the warehouse to carry out stocktakes?
7. How much does it cost to double check every order after picking and still get it wrong?
8. How much does it cost to hold more stock than you need to?
9. How much does it cost to manually print shipping labels and documentation?
10. How much does it cost to use paperwork and re-key all the transactions?
Take a reality check: What are the real costs associated with running an inefficient warehouse operation and what is the potential impact on customer service and the bottom line? All too quickly you may discover that not having a WMS system actually costs you more than investing in one!
We have a wealth of experience in implementing our specialist Dexterity WMS Systems to help clients realise the benefits of a smart Warehouse Management System. Please get in touch for a no obligation and no pressure discussion on how Dexterity WMS could help your business.